Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Pretty Tulip
3rd Down Crew! KU Tailgate.  Susie, Bob, Judson, Lex, Bill, Betty, Will, Laura, Allison, Hank, Eric (Jojo, was sleeping in the car) 

Happy Easter. 
Bird Nest Cookies
Cousins, Will and Lex! 


Happy Easter
Is it spring? I've been waiting and waiting for it, it's almost here.   One of the joys of living in Kansas is the tulips!  I had to capture these beautiful tulips from my neighbors yard on saturday.    I know better than to get my hopes up for a warm sunny Texas like Easter, but i did.   Saturday was beautiful, "santa monica weather" as Judson said, but Sunday it was cold and rainy.  I tried to make it work any way, wearing a spring dress and taking photos outside.  :( 
We went to Lawrence on Saturday to spend the weekend with Judson's mom.  Just so happened that KU was having their spring training football game.  The whole family had to go to that, the professional tailgaters that they are!  Lex and I went to target!  Saturday night was date night for me and Judson.  We walked all over downtown Lawrence and went to dinner, while Grandma Susie baby sat our little guy.  Judson and I had a wonderful time just talking and being together.  It seemed like forever that we had just hung out!  Sunday morning we went to church at Trinity Lutheran Church with Susie, it was the church that Judson was baptized in in 1975.  Beautiful church and choir and pipe organ.  (Susie is a pianist, and she told me all about it)  Lex got a little wiggly wormy so we stepped out after about 30 minutes.  
We went back to Susies townhouse and met Bob & Laura and Will there for Easter lunch.  Ham, deviled eggs, green bean casserole, and bird nest cookies.  yum yum. Will and Lex played and cooed all day! What fun to see the cousins together.   Happy Easter, Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment